September Updates + Mindful Eating Guide
September is one of my favorite months. It’s in-between summer and fall, so there are warm days and brisk fall days. The leaves start to change, the leaf-peepers come to check out the gorgeous fall foliage in Vermont. With my long commute, I’ve seen the leaves change from week-to-week. It really is incredible.
A new season brings new local, seasonal produce as well. This month, I went apple picking, and I was thrilled when I saw the first winter squash popping up at the farmer’s market. There’s so many varieties of both apples and squash to try it, but my favorites are honeycrisp and gala apples and kabocha squash!
Mindful Eating Guide
On dock for Mindful Meals next is a Mindful Eating Guide. I’m working on it now, but I’ll keep you updated on when it will be available and what will be included in it. The guide will include:
- Reasons to eat mindfully
- Research behind mindful eating
- Who can benefit from mindful eating (Hint: everyone!)
- Mindful eating exercises to practice (similar to Mindful Meals Tips)
- Worksheets and journal prompts for mindful eating practice
- Resources – Books, blogs, and more that promote mindful eating
If you’re interested in this guide, be sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter on the sidebar or HERE to be in the loop with updates! Let me know what you want to see in the guide.
September in photos:
- Morning walk sunrise at Lake Champlain
- My first adventures in local, seasonal veggies
- Fall foliage in Vermont
- Gorgeous purple cauliflower at Burlington Farmer’s Market
- Arya’s doggy date at the dog park with Jack the Jack Russell
- Sunny outdoor yoga with a mountain view
Links I Love
- Let’s Be Real: Before & After Photos are BS - Love this & of note, many before & after photos are taken on the SAME day.
- Amplify the Power of Your Thoughts – Write down your thoughts & goals.
- 6 Reasons to Stop Calorie Counting (& What to Do Instead)
- Hacking Sleep - Sleep is just as important as nutrition and activity for health.
- Weight Stigma Awareness Week toolkit - A toolkit for professionals & individuals. Learn the facts!
- 19 Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables to Try Out
- 40 Ways to Relax in 5 minutes or Less – Stress management is key! I have a future post planned all about stress, your hormones, & health.
- Eat Local Challenge - A friend’s pictures & reflections on her Eat Local Challenge this past month.
Recipes to Try
- Maple Pumpkin Mousse
- Pretty in Pink Veggie Smoothie
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Arugula Salad with Ginger Orange Vinaigrette
- Ginger Orange Salmon with Sweet Potato Hash
- Quinoa Stuffed Mini Pumpkins – so adorable
Recent Mindful Meals Posts
- Recipe: Blueberry Chia Jam
- Can You Include Meat on a Plant-Based Diet?
- What I Learned from Eating Local for a Week
- What is Normal Eating?
- 8 Nutrition & Food Apps